1) Connecting: Most poeple should know a little bit about me from my profile. I want to connect and network with people to see their ideas and find out what’s different in the world. People are so creative and willing to share this with the world. People should try and introduce themselves when they follow other people. It is nice to read a little bit about a person that wants to follow you.
2) Follow, add, friend: 3 words to online networking (follow, add, friend). You should only do these 3 things if you know the person, truley want to follow their ideas or comments, or can offer somebody something such as job networking or social invites to concerts. Some people are less welcoming to people who want to friend them on Facebook or MySpace.
3) Privacy, boundaries and safety: My personnal space; please – Telling people things about your life could be good sometimes and bad sometimes. Good to let people know that you do interesting things on a day in day out basis, but don’t tell people about what you did at the club last night when you met this cute person. Some people go into to much detail about there social life.
4) Signal to noise: To much is to much – I dislike when somebody is repeatdly updating their status on Facebook. I understand that your bored at work, but I don’t need to know about the 10 customers you just helped. Tell me about your fun weekend on spring break in bullet point details.
5) Personal data and sharing: Thank you – I don’t mind sharing career ideas, becuase you never know who can help you out in the future. But I don’t like sharing my personal life with the world. I’ll tell them I’m at a game, working, or about to go to a movie. I will not tell them details about a party I went to or an arguement I got into with my girlfriend.
6) My networking needs and uses: connections – I use my Facebook account to catch up with my friends life, and comment on some good qoutes. My Linkedin account is for business and who I can meet, I don’t have a MySpace account because it took to much time to keep up. Twitter is still new to me, so I will drop a couple of lines just to say something.
7) Your criteria here: I would like for people to have respect for individuals; either if it’s in line at a fast food place, driving, or even waiting for the microwave to finish.
8) Your criteria here: